Almost everyone knows that sleeping with your makeup on is bad. However, very few know what will happen if you do. Here are 6 awful things that can happen if you decide not to remove your makeup before hitting the hay.
- You will have pimples. Leaving dead skin cells and dirt on your face will clog the pores. It can be the start of pimples.
- You will have a dull complexion. Sleeping with your makeup on prevents the effective turnover of dead skin cells. New, healthy skin cells do not get the chance to show up.
- You will have more wrinkles and this will make you look older. Makeup also contains dirt that accumulates throughout the day. This can lead to skin barrier breakdown.
- It will worsen your acne, if you already have them. People with oily skin are more prone to breakouts. Not removing the makeup can worsen any existing skin condition that they may have.
- You can increase your risk of infection, especially if you have an existing abrasion. This compromises skin integrity, allowing germs to enter.
- You are at risk of rashes. Many makeups contain harsh chemicals that can irritate the skin. People with sensitive skin are more prone to skin inflammation.