Hardware stores can surprisingly turn out to be beauty and skincare shops if you know what to find. Here are 5 hardware-inspired beauty fixes for you:
1. Fight warts with duct tape. Those contagious warts are viruses and dermatologists confirmed that there’s no magic treatment for warts. While waiting for your immune system to kick them off, expedite the healing process by covering warts with duct tapes.
2. Exfoliate your cracked heels with fine-grained sandpaper after soaking your feet with Epsom salt. Remember to rub gently and moisturize after scrubbing.
3. Cracked hands with entrenched lines due to super cold weather as in winter season can be treated by adding about 2 drops of nontoxic glue and squeezing together the separated lines. It’s an effective treatment according to skin experts.
4. Exfoliate and remove makeup with the soft, ultra-absorbent microfiber cloth commonly used for wiping surfaces. Beauty shops sell these pieces for almost 10x their hardware store prices.
5. Reduce puffiness with paint sponges. For best results, store the sponge in the freezer overnight and place them over your closed eyes for 10-15 minutes or until the coldness dissipates. Experts agree that a cold compress helps constrict the blood vessels and thus decreases inflammation.